This is a question that raises many more, so let's take a look.
What is content?
Content is the media you create like writing and design.
What is the purpose of content?
Content is used for marketing and visibility.
How do you use content for marketing?
This requires planning, and that's where a content strategy comes in to play.
What is in a content strategy?
The following key points are listed in a content strategy:
-Target audience (who you are trying to reach).
-Value proposition (what value you are bringing to your target audience).
-Your uniqueness (what makes you different to others offering the same value).
- Platforms (where you will publish your content).
- Content themes (what topics will you focus on).
- Timing (how often and for how long you will publish each content theme).
- Marketing style (self publishing vs. paid advertising).
- Format (what type of content you will publish).
- Manage content (How you will organise all existing and new content).
The most important part of a content strategy is to simply have one, no matter how simple, to get the ball rolling. Once that ball starts to roll you will be amazed at the pace of growth the strategy takes on and the endless options available for content. You will start asking the right questions, and start getting the right answers.
Spend some time researching and learning from others, you will avoid making the same mistakes and gain better insight into the process. As always, I can help with that ☺️
The Firelight Creative 🔥